Xin CHEN, Ph.D.
2006, B.Sc., School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University
2011, Ph.D., Shanghai Institution of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, CAS
2011-2018, Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University
2018-present, Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University
Cell death is a fundamental feature of life and functions in many important biological processes including development, homeostasis and pathogenesis. We focuses on 1) molecular mechanisms that control cell necroptosis and pyroptosis; 2) functions of cell death in health and disease.Another goal ofour work is to take microscopy visualization (super-resolution imaging, particularly) as the primary approach to address problems of biomedical interest.
Selected Publications * Corresponding author # Co-first author)
1. Xue Z, Wang S, Li J, Chen X*, Han J, Han S*. A Bifunctional Super-resolution Imaging Probe with Acidity-independent Lysosome-retention Mechanism. Anal Chem. 2018 Aug 27. doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.8b02365.
2. Gao H, Yang Z, Wang X, Qian P, Hong R, Chen X, Su XZ, Cui H, Yuan J*. ISP1-Anchored Polarization of GCβ/CDC50A Complex Initiates Malaria Ookinete Gliding Motility. Curr Biol. 2018 Aug 17. pii: S0960-9822(18)30860-1. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2018.06.069.
3. Yang Z, Wang Y, Zhang Y, He X, Zhong CQ, Ni H, Chen X, Liang Y, Wu J, Zhao S, Zhou D, Han J*. RIP3 targets pyruvate dehydrogenase complex to increase aerobic respiration in TNF-induced necroptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2018 Feb;20(2):186-197. doi: 10.1038/s41556-017-0022-y.
4. Zhang Y, Chen X, Gueydan C, Han J*. Plasma membrane changes during programmed cell deaths. Cell Res. 2018 Jan;28(1):9-21. doi: 10.1038/cr.2017.133.
5. Zhang Y#, Su SS#, Zhao S, Yang Z, Zhong CQ, Chen X, Cai Q, Yang ZH, Huang D, Wu R, Han J*. RIP1 autophosphorylation is promoted by mitochondrial ROS and is essential for RIP3 recruitment into necrosome. Nat Commun. 2017 Feb 8;8:14329. doi: 10.1038/ncomms14329.
6. Huang D, Zheng X, Wang ZA, Chen X, He WT, Zhang Y, Xu JG, Zhao H, Shi W, Wang X, Zhu Y, Han J*. MLKL channel in necroptosis is octamer formed by tetramers in a dyadic process. Mol Cell Biol. 2017 Feb 15;37(5). pii: e00497-16. doi: 10.1128/MCB.00497-16.
7. Chen X#, He WT#, Hu L, Li J, Fang Y, Wang X, Xu X, Wang Z, Huang K, Han J*. Pyroptosis is driven by non-selective gasdermin-D pore and its morphology is different from MLKL channel-mediated necroptosis. Cell Res. 2016 Sep;26(9):1007-20. doi: 10.1038/cr.2016.100.
8. Wu XN#, Yang ZH#, Wang XK, Zhang Y, Wan H, Song Y, Chen X, Shao J, Han J*. Distinct roles of RIP1-RIP3 hetero- and RIP3-RIP3 homo-interaction in mediating necroptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2014 Nov;21(11):1709-20. doi: 10.1038/cdd.2014.77.
9. Chen X#, Li W#, Ren J#, Huang D, He WT, Song Y, Yang C, Li W, Zheng X, Chen P, Han J*. Translocation of mixed lineage kinase domain-like protein to plasma membrane leads to necrotic cell death. Cell Res. 2014 Jan;24(1):105-21. doi: 10.1038/cr.2013.171. (Highlighted in Cell Res and selected by Faculty of 1000 Biology)
10. Chen X#, Ma JJ#, Tan M, Yao P, Hu QH, Eriani G, Wang ED*. Modular pathways for editing non-cognate amino acids by human cytoplasmic leucyl-tRNA synthetase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011 Jan;39(1):235-47. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkq763.
Last updated 2018/09/07