Li YUAN, Ph.D.
Lab website: http:// 188.8.131.52/yuanli
1982, B. Sc, Jiangxi Agricultural University;
1988, M. Sc, Huazhong Agricultural University;
2002, Ph.D, University of Pierre-et-Marie-Curie.
1982-1989, Faculty member at Jiangxi Agricultural University;
1997-2006, Doctoral and postdoctoral fellow at Institute of Cellular and Molecular Embryology, Laboratory of Experimental Medicine to CNRS and to College of France in France;
2006-Present, Professor at School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University.
Our research lies in the area of mechanisms of development of tissue/organ systems. Previously our research was focused on the molecular mechanisms controlling vessel formation under normal and pathological settings. We have elucidated the plasticity of endothelial cells during arterial-venous differentiation and how blood flow could regulates arterial-venous differentiation in the avian embryo; and we have revealed the expression and functions of molecules such as Angiopoitin-1/2、Tie1/2、NRP1/2 in the vascular system. By reveal of the Netrin/Unc5B function in the vascular system, we have confirmed that the development of vascular system adapted the guidance mechanisms as the nervous system. We work on establishing chicken RNAi techniques and exploring further the molecular mechanisms in course of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. In response to “The National Key Scientific Program of China”, we have recently extended our research area to molecular mechanisms controlling the development of muscle and adipose tissues in chicken and swine. We apply state-of-the-art approaches of cell and molecular biology to depict the molecular network controlling the developmental processes of the two major tissues in those animals.
1. Zhang C, Guo H, Li B, Sui C, Zhang Y, Xia X, Qin Y, Ye L, Xie F, Wang H, Yuan M, Yuan L*, Ye J*. Effects of Slit3 silencing on the invasive ability of lung carcinoma A549 cells. Oncol Rep. 34(2): 952-60, 2015. (* correspondence author)
2. Liu K, Wang H, Long Y, Ye J, Yuan L*. Coordinate lentiviral expression of Cre recombinase and RFP/EGFP mediated by FMDV 2A and analysis of Cre activity. J Cell Biochem.113: 2909-19, 2012. (* correspondence author)
3. Li H, Xi Q, Xiong Y, Cheng X, Qi Q, Yang L, Shu G, Wang S, Wang L, Gao P, Zhu X, Jiang Q, Zhang Y,* Yuan L*. A comprehensive expression profile of micrornas in porcine pituitary. PLoS One. 6 e24883, 2011 (* correspondence author)
4. Fang X, Cai Y, Liu J, Wang Z, Wu Q, Zhang Z, Yang CJ, Yuan L, Ouyang G*. Twist2 contributes to breast cancer progression by promoting an epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem-like cell self-renewal. Oncogene. 30(47): 4707-4720, 2011.
5. Huang W, Liu H, Wang T, Zhang T, Kuang J, Luo Y, Chung SS, Yuan L, Yang JY*. Tonicity-responsive microRNAs contribute to the maximal induction of osmoregulatory transcription factor OREBP in response to high NaCl hypertonicity. Nucl Acids Res. 39: 475-85,2011.
6. Liu H, Luo Y, Zhang T, Zhang Y, Wu Q, Yuan L, et al. Genetic Deficiency of Aldose Reductase Counteracts the Development of Diabetic Nephropathy in C57BL/6 Mice. Diabetologia. 54: 1242-51, 2011.
7. Xu Y*, Yuan L*, Mak J*, et al. Neuropilin-2 mediates VEGF-C induced lymphatic speouting together with VEGFR3. J Cell Biol. 188:115-30，2010. (* equal contribution)
8. Jones EA, Yuan L, Breant C, et al. separating genetic and hemodymamic defects in neuropilin-1 knockout embryos. Development. 135: 2479-88, 2008.
9. Bouvrée K, Larrivée B, Lv X, Yuan L, et al. Netrin-1 in hibits sprouting angiogenesis in developing avian embryos. Dev Biol. 318(1): 172-83, 2008.
10. Larrivée B, Freitas C, Trombe M, Lv X, DeLafarge B, Yuan L, et al. Activation of the UNC5B receptor by Netrin-1 inhibits sprouting angiogenesis. Genes & Dev. 21: 2433-7, 2007.
11. Ye J and Yuan L*. Inhibition of p38 MAPK reduces tumor conditioned medium-induced angiogenesis in co-cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells and fibroblasts. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 71: 1162-9, 2007.(* correspondence author)
12. Yuan L, Eichmann A, Corvol P. Neural guidance molecules in vascular development. Angiogenesis: Basic Science and Clinical Aspects. CRC press. p89-110, 2007.
13. Eichmann A, Yuan L, Moyon D, LeNoble F, Pardanaud L, Bréant C. Vascular development : from precursor cells to branched arterial and venous networks. Int J Dev Biol. 49(2-3): 259-67,2005
14. Lu X*, LeNoble F*, Yuan L*, et al. The netrin receptor Unc5B mediates guidance events controlling morphogenesis of the vascular system. Nature.432: 179-86, 2004. (* equal contribution)
15. eNoble F, Moyon D, Pardanaud L, Yuan L.et al. Flow regulates arterial-venous differentiation in the chick embryo yolk sac. Development. 131: 361-75, 2004.
16. Yuan L, Moyon D, Pardanaud L, Bréant C, Karkkainen MJ, Alitalo K, Eichmann A. Abnormal lymphatic vessel development in neuropilin-2 mutant mice. Development. 129, 4797-4806, 2002.