Qingxi CHEN, Ph.D.
1982, B.Sc., Xiamen University；
1985, M.Sc., Xiamen University;
1999, Ph.D., Tsinghua University, Biochemistry & molecular biology.
2000-2002, Visiting Scholar, University of California, Berkeley U.S.A;
1982-Present, Lecturer (1986), Associate Professor (1992), Professor (1998), Xiamen University.
Our research areas focus on the structure and function of enzyme, inhibition/inactivation kinetics, regulation mechanism of enzyme activity and enzyme gene clone. We have made progress in the design of tyrosinase inhibitors and elected to characterize a number of new tyrosinase inhibitors. We have synthesized a series of tyrosinase inhibitors, including thiosemicarbazone compounds, cysteine schiff base compounds, cinnamic acid derivatives, alkyl 3,4-dihydroxybenzoates esters. We not only study their inhibitory effects and kinetics, but also investigate them using in the fruit and vegetable preservation and insecticide application.
1. Huang GF, Wu XB*, Bai LP, Liu K, Jiang LJ, Long MN, Chen QX*. Improved O2-tolerance in variants of a H2-evolving [NiFe]-hydrogenase from Klebsiella oxytoca HP1. FEBS Lett. 2015, 589(8): 910-8.
2. Gui-Li Huang1, Wei Zhang2, Hong-Yue Ren3, Xue-Ying Shen1, Qing-Xi Chen* and Dong-Yan Shen*. Retinoid X receptor α enhances human cholangiocarcinoma growth through simultaneous activation of Wnt/β-catenin and nuclear factor-kB pathways. Cancer Science. 2015, 106(11): 1515–1523.
3. Cui Y, Liang G, Hu YH, Shi Y, Cai YX, Gao HJ, Chen QX, Wang Q*. Alpha-substituted derivatives of cinnamaldehyde as tyrosinase inhibitors: inhibitory mechanism and molecular analysis. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2015, 63(2): 716–722.
4. Feng Yu#, Yu-Long Jia#, Hui-Fang Wang, Jing Zheng, Yi Cui, Xin-Yu Fang, Lin-Min Zhang, and Qing-Xi Chen*. Synthesis of Triazole Schiff's Base Derivatives and Their Inhibitory Kinetics on Tyrosinase Activity. PLoS One. 2015, 10(9): e0138578.
5. Wei Song, Ling Tian, Shan-Shan Li, Dong-Yan Shen, Qing-Xi Chen. The aberrant expression and localization of prohibitin during apoptosis of human cholangiocarcinoma Mz-ChA-1 cells. FEBS Letters. 2014, 588(3): 422–428.
6. Zhizhen Pan, Lian Xu, Yujing Zhu, Huai Shi, Zheng Chen, Meichun Chen, Qingxi Chen*, Bo Liu*. Characterization of a new cry2Ab gene of Bacillus thuringiensis with high insecticidal activity against Plutella xylostella L. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2014, 30(10): 2655-2662.
7.Apoptosis Induced by Aqueous Extracts of Crocodile Bile in Human Heptacarcinoma SMMC-7721.Wei Song, Shan-Shan Li, Ping-ping Qiu, Dong-Yan Shen, Ling Tian, Qiu-Yan Zhang, Long-Xing Liao, Qing-Xi Chen*. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 2013, 170(1): 15-24.
8. Huang GL1, Luo Q, Rui G, Zhang W, Zhang QY, Chen QX, Shen DY*. Oncogenic Activity of Retinoic Acid Receptor γ Is Exhibited through Activation of the Akt/NF-κB and Wnt/β-Catenin Pathways in Cholangiocarcinoma. Mol Cell Biol. 2013, 33(17): 3416-25.
9. Huang QS, Xie XL, Liang G, Gong F, Wang Y, Wei XQ, Wang Q, Ji ZL, Chen QX*. The GH18 Family of Chitinases: their domain architectures, functions, and evolutions. Glycobiology. 22: 23-34, 2012. (*Corresponding author).
10. Chai WM, Shi Y, Feng HL, Qiu L, Zhou HC, Deng ZW, Yan CL, Chen QX*. NMR, HPLC-ESI-MS, and MALDI-TOF MS analysis of condensed tannins from (Bojer ex Hook.) Raf. and their bioactivities. J Agric Food Chem. 2012, 60: 5013-5022.
11. Pan ZZ , Li HL , Yu XJ , Zuo QX , Zheng GX , Shi Y, Liu X, Lin YM , Liang G, Wang Q, Chen QX*. Synthesis and Antityrosinase Activities of Alkyl 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoates. J Agric Food Chem. 2011, 59: 6645-6649.
12. Zhang JP, Hu YH, Wang Q, Wang W, Wang Y, Yan JH, Chen QX*. Inhibitory kinetics of β-N-Acetyl-D-glucosaminidase from green crab (Scylla Serrata) by Zinc ion. J Agric Food Chem. 2010, 58: 8763-8767.
13. Huang QS, Yan JH, Tang JY, Tao YM，Xie XL, Wang Y, Wei XQ, Yan QH, Chen QX*. Cloning and tissue expressions of seven chitinase family genes in L. vannamei. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010, 29: 76-82.
14. Han P, Kang JH, Li HL, Hu SX, Lian HH, Qiu PP, Zhang J, Li WG, Chen QX*. Antiproliferation and apoptosis induced by tamoxifen in human bile duct carcinoma QBC939 cells via upregulated p53 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009, 385: 251-256.