Guang LI, Ph.D.
1999-2003, B.Sc., Anhui Normal University;
2003-2006, M.Sc., Xiamen University;
2006-2010, PhD, Xiamen University;
2008-2010, Oxford University, Joint training doctoral students.
2011-present, Assistant Professor, Xiamen University/School of life sciences.
Amphioxus is a promising laboratorial model animal due to its important evolutionary position and unique traits in its embryonic development and genome contents. We are intent upon bringing it to a feasible laboratorial model animal for the researches of developmental genetics. Now, we can induce amphioxus spawning throughout year in our lab and establish the microinjection platform for amphioxus unfertilized eggs. Using this new model system, we will mainly focus our researches on the area of Evol-Dev biology to help understanding the origin and evolvement of complicated vertebrate organ system.
1. Xu QH, Li G, Cao LX, Wang ZJ, Ye H, Chen XY, Yang X, Wang YQ and Chen LB. (2012) Proteomic characterization and evolutionary analyses of zona pellucida domain-containing proteins in the egg coat of the cephalochordate, Branchiostoma belcheri. BMC Evolutionary Biology. 12:239. Co-first author.
2. Li G,Yang X, Shu ZH, Chen XY and Wang YQ. (2012) CONSECUTIVE SPAWNINGS OF CHINESE AMPHIOXUS, BRANCHIOSTOMA BELCHERI, IN CAPTIVITY. Plos One. doi: 10.1371.
3. Li DL, Li G, Wang KR, Liu X, Li W, Chen XY, Wang YQ. (2012) Isolation and functional analysis of the promoter of the amphioxus Hsp70a gene. Gene. 510(1):39-46. Co-first author.
4. Li G, Holland PWH. (2010) The origin and evolution of ARGFX homeobox loci in mammalian radiation. BMC Evolutionary Biology. doi: 10.1186/1471-2148-10-182.
5. Li G, Zhang J, Sun Y, Wang H, Wang Y. (2009) The evolutionarily dynamic IFN-inducible GTPase proteins play conserved immune functions in vertebrates and cephalochordates. Mol Biol Evol. 26 (7):1619-1630.
6. Li G, Zhang QJ, Zhong J, Wang YQ. (2009) Evolutionary and functional diversity of green fluorescent proteins in cephalochordates. Gene. 446(1):41-49.
7. Li G, Shi P and Wang Y. (2007) Evolutionary dynamics of the ABCA-chr17q24 cluster genes in vertebrates. Genomics. 89 (3) 385–391.
8. Li G, Zhang QJ, Ji ZL, Wang YQ. (2007) Origin and evolution of vertebrate ABCA genes: A story from Amphioxus. Gene. 405 (1-2):88-95.
9. Zhang QJ, Li G, Sun Y, Wang YQ. (2009) Chromosome Preparation and Preliminary Observation of Two Amphioxus Species in Xiamen. Zoological Research. 30(2): 131?136