Yanhai WANG, Ph.D.
1987-1991, B.Sc., Xiamen University;
1996-2001, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
2008-2009,visiting scholar, the Scripps Research Institute.
Parasites can exploit the hormonal microenvironment within the host to favor their establishment, growth and reproduction. Parasites have structures similar to the protein hormone receptors expressed in upper vertebrates that can bind to the hormonal metabolites synthesized by the host, favor the establishment, growth or reproduction of parasite. we will use the established in vitro system of E. multilocularis to understand the role of host factors in the development and differentiation of E. multilocularis, and discuss the underlying mechanism. We also wish the study will help our understanding the mechanism of host-parasite interaction. Germinal cells of E. multilocularis are totipotent stem cells, which have the capacity of self-renewal and differentiation, we will study the effect of host on the maintaining the pluripotency of germinal cells and discuss the underlying mechanism.
1. Zhirong Zhang, Xiaozheng Xu, Jianhui Ma, Jianfeng Wu, Yanhai Wang, Rongbin Zhou and Jiahuai Han. Gene deletion of gabarap enhances nlrp3 inflammasome-dependent inflammatory responses. J Immunol, 2013, 190(7):3517-24
2. Sangun Lee, Yanhai Wang, Sung Ouk Kim, Jiahuai Han. AMPD3 is involved in anthrax LeTx-induced macrophage cell death. Protein & Cell, 2011, 2(7): 564-572
3. Min Zheng, Yan-Hai Wang, Xiao-Nan Wu, Su-Qin Wu, Bao-Ju Lu, Meng-Qiu Dong, Hongbing Zhang, Peiqing Sun, Sheng-Cai Lin, Kun-Liang Guan, and Jiahuai Han. Inactivation of Rheb by PRAK-mediated phosphorylation is essential for energy depletion-induced suppression of mTORC1. Nature Cell Biology, 2011, 13（3）：263-272
4. Xiao-Nan Wu, Xue-Kun Wang, Su-Qin Wu, Jiawei Lu, Min Zheng, Yan-Hai Wang, Huamin Zhou, Hongbing Zhang, Jiahuai Han. Phosphorylation of Raptor by p38beta participates in arsenite-induced mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) activation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2011; 286(36):31501-11
5. Yanhai Wang, Zhe Cheng , Xiaofeng Lu, Chongti Tang. Echinococcus multilocularis: Proteomic analysis of the protoscoleces by two-dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Experimental Parasitology, 2009, 123: 162–167.
6. Li Q, Lin S, Wang X, Lian G, Lu Z, Guo H, Ruan K, Wang Y, Ye Z, Han J, Lin SC. 2009. Axin determines cell fate by controlling the p53 activation threshold after DNA damage. Nature Cell Biology,2009;11(9):1128-34
7. Qinxi Li, Na Zhang, Duanwu Zhang, Yuqian Wang, Tianwei Lin, Yanhai Wang, Huamin Zhou, Zhiyun Ye, Faming Zhang, Sheng-Cai Lin, and Jiahuai Han. Determinants that control the distinct subcellular localization of p38alpha-PRAK and p38beta-PRAK complexes.J Biol Chem. 2008, 283(16):11014-23 .
8. Zailian Lu, Wei Liu, Huizhe Huang, Ying He, Ying Han, Yanhai Wang, Qinxi Li, Ka Ruan, Zhiyun Ye, Boon Chuan Low, Anming Meng, and Sheng-Cai Lin. Protein encoded by the AxinFu allele effectively downregulates Wnt signaling but exerts a dominant negative effect on c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008, 283(19):13132-9.
9. Li Hongtao, Wang Yanhai. A New Species of Macrobothriidae (Cestoda: Diphyllidea) From Thornback Ray Platyrhina sinensis in China. Journal of Parasitology; 2007, 93(4):897-900.
10. Li Hongtao, Wang Yanhai. A new species of Onchobothriidae (Tetraphyllidea) from Chiloscyllium plagiosum (Elasmobranchii: Orectolobidae) in China. Journal of Parasitology; 2006, 92(5):1050-1052.
11. Tang Chong-ti, Wang Yan-hai , Peng Wen-feng，Tang Liang , and Chen Dong. Alveolar Echinococcus species from Vulpes corsac in Hulunbeier, Inner Mongolia, China, and differential development of the metacestodes in experimental rodents. Journal of Parasitology, 2006, 92(4): 719-724.
12. Wang Yanhai, Yang Wenchuan. 2001. Rehinebothrium xiamenensis n. sp （Eucestoda：Tetraphyllidea）in Dasyatis zugei from the coast of Xiamen, China. Journal of Parasitology, 87（1）：185-187 I