Yan SHI, Ph.D.
1991-1995, B.Sc., Xiamen University;
1995-1998, M.Sc., University of Science and Technology of China;
2002-2006, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
1998-2000, Teaching assistant, Xiamen University;
2000-2007, Lecturer, Xiamen University;
2007-present, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Associate Professor.
2009-2010, Visiting Scholar, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA.
My research is focused on Enzymology, including structure and function of enzyme, kinetics of enzyme, regulation mechanism of enzymatic activity; Enzyme inhibitor research; Proteomics research.
1. Wang LH, Liu LP, Shi Y, Cao HW, Chaturvedi R, Calcutt MW, Hu TH, Ren XB, Wilson KT, Polk DB, Yan F. Berberine Induces Caspase-Independent Cell Death in Colon Tumor Cells through Activation of Apoptosis-Inducing Factor, PLOS ONE, 7(5): e36418.
2. Chai WM, Shi Y，Feng HL, Qiu L, Zhou HC, Deng ZW, Yan CL, Chen QX. NMR, HPLC-ESI-MS, and MALDI-TOF MS Analysis of Condensed Tannins from Delonix regia (Bojer ex Hook.) Raf. and Their Bioactivities, J Agric Food Chem., 2012, 60 (19): 5013-5022. (co-first author)
3. Yan F, Cao HW, Cover TL, Washington MK, Shi Y, Liu LS, Chaturvedi R, Peek Jr RM, Wilson KT, Polk DB. Colon-specific delivery of a probiotic-derived soluble protein ameliorates intestinal inflammation in mice through an EGFR-dependent mechanism, J Clin Invest. 2011; 121(6):2242–2253.
4. Shi Y, Tao YM, Ma SJ, An G, Long MN, Chen QX. Purification and some properties of endoglucanase from Glyptotermes xiamenensis, Journal of Applied Entomology, 2010, 134(9-10):789–797.
5. Liao JH, Chen QX, Zhang Q, Yang Y, Shi Y*. Unfolding and Inactivation of Abalone (Haliotis diversicolor) Alkaline Phosphatase during denaturation by guanidine hydrochloride. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2009, 158: 323–333.
6. Shi Y, Jiang Z, Han P, Zheng GX, Song,K K, Chen Q X. Purification and some properties of β-N-Acetyl-D-glucosaminidase from the cabbage butterfly (Pieris brassicae). Biochimie. 2007, 89(3):347-54.
7. Xie XL, Shi Y, Huang QS, Chen QX. Inactivation Kinetics of β-N-Acetyl-D- Glucosaminidase from Prawn (Penaeus vannamei) by Formaldehyde. Marine Science Bulletin. 2006, 8(1): 34~45.
8. Song KK, Huang H, Han P, Zhang CL, Shi Y, Chen QX. Inhibitory effects of cis- and trans- isomers of 3,5-dihydroxystilbene on the activity of mushroom tyrosinase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2006, 342: 1147-1151.
9. Shi Y, Chen QX, Wang Q, Song KK, Qiu L. Inhibitory effects of cinnamic acid and its drrivatives on the diphenolase activity of mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) tyrosinase. Food Chemistry, 2005, 92: 707-712.
10. Wang Q, Shi Y, Song KK, Guo HY, Qiu L, Chen QX. Inhibitory effects of 4-Halobenzoic acids on the diphenolase and monophenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase. The Protein Journal, 2004, 23(5): 303-308.