Chongti TANG, Ph.D.
Professor, Academician of Chinese
Academy of Sciences.
1954, B.Sc., Xiamen University
1954-1957, Teaching Assistant, East China Normal University;
1957-1970, Teaching Assistant, Fujian Normal College;
1972-1980, Assistant Professor, Xiamen University;
1980-1986, Associate Professor, Xiamen University;
1986-Present, Professor, Xiamen University;
1991-Present, Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences;
1995-Present, Director of Parasitology Research Laboratory of the Education Ministry, Xiamen University;
1987-1990, Member of the Committee of Sciences and Technology of State Education Commission of China;
2007-Present, Honorary Chairman of Chinese Society of Parasitology.
Our research focuses on the etiology,epidemiology, prevention and control of important parasitic zoonoses, especially on the biological control agents and mechanism of vector-borne schistosomiasis japonica, immunology and molecular diagnosis of alveolar echinococcosis, functional genes and proteins of Trichinella spiralis, and developmental biology of model organism Caenorhabditis elegans.
1. Yang YR*, Jian W, Qin W, Tian G. Characterization of TsMRP-L28, a mitochondrial ribosomal protein L28 from the parasitic nematode Trichinella spiralis. Gene, 2012. PMID: 23089495. (*Corresponding author).
2. Zheng M, Wang YH, Wu XN, Wu SQ, Lu BJ, Dong MQ, Zhang H, Sun P, Lin SC, Guan KL, Han J*.Inactivation of Rheb by PRAK-mediated phosphorylation is essential for energy-depletion-induced suppression of mTORC1. Nat Cell Biol, 13: 263-272, 2011.
3. Yang YR*, Qin W, Tian G, Jian W. Expression and functional characterization of a Rho-family small GTPase CDC42 from Trichinella spiralis. Parasitol Res, 107: 153-162, 2010.
4. Tang CT*, Lu MK, Guo Y, Wang YN, Peng JY, Wu WB, Li WH, Weimer BC, Chen D. Development of larval Schistosoma japonicum blocked in Oncomelania hupensis by pre-infection with larval Exorchis sp. J Parasitol, 95: 1321-1325, 2009.
5. Wang YH*, Cheng Z, Lu X, Tang CT. Echinococcus multilocularis: Proteomic analysis of the protoscoleces by two-dimensional electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Exp Parasitol, 123: 162-167, 2009.
6. Yang YR*, Jian W, Pozio E. Analysis of cytochrome c-oxidase (COI) gene of mitochondrial DNA from the Trichinella spp. in China. Parasitol Res, 103: 1355-1359, 2008.
7. Tang CT*, Wang YH, Peng WF, Tang L, Chen D. Alveolar Echinococcus species from Vulpes corsac in Hulunbeier, Inner Mongolia, China, and differential development of the metacestodes in experimental rodents. J Parasitol, 92: 719-724, 2006.
8. Tang CT*, Quian YC, Kang YM, Cui GW, Lu HC, Shu LM, Wang YH, Tang L. Study on the ecological distribution of alveolar Echinococcus in Hulunbeier Pasture of Inner Mongolia, China. Parasitology, 128: 187-194, 2004.