Junrong LIANG, Ph.D.
1997, B.Sc., Xiamen University;
2002, PhD., Xiamen University.
2002-Present, Lecture/ Associate Professor, Xiamen University；
2007-2008, visiting Scholar, The Open University of Hong Kong;
2008-2009, Guest Researcher, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA.
Biochemical and molecular biology of marine diatoms, including: Biology of diatom Programmed Cell Death; Molecular mechanism of silicon uptake and bio-silification on diatom; Structural characterization of diatom polysaccharide; Molecular identification and phylogeny of marine phytoplankton; HABs & Phytoplankton physiological ecology; Phytoplankton molecular probes design and application；Microalgal biofuels.
1. Xin-Xin Ai, Jun-Rong Liang*, Ya-Hui Gao, Samuel CL Lo, Fred WF Lee, Chang-Ping Chen, Chun-Shan Luo, Chao Du. 2015. MALDI-TOF MS analysis of the extracellular polysaccharides released by the diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana under various nutrient conditions. Journal of Applied Phycology, 27 (2):673-684.
2. Chao Du, Jun-Rong Liang*, Dan-Dan Chen, Bin Xu, Wen-Hao Zhuo, Ya-Hui Gao, Chan-Ping Chen, Chris Bowle, Wen Zhang. 2014. iTRAQ-based proteomic analysis of the metabolism mechanism associated with silicon response in the marine diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana. Journal of Proteome Research. 13(2):720–734.
3. Xin-Wei Wang, Jun-Rong Liang*, Chun-Shan Luo, Chang-Ping Chen, Ya-Hui Gao. 2014. Biomass, total lipid production, and fatty acid composition of the marine diatom Chaetoceros mulleri in response to different CO2 levels. Bioresource Technology, 161:124-130.
4. Chun-Shan Luo, Jun-Rong Liang*, Qun Lin, Cai-Xia Li, Chris Bowler, M. Donald Anderson, Peng Wang, Xin-Wei Wang, Ya-Hui Gao, 2014. Cellular responses associated with ROS production and cellfate decision in early stress response to iron limitation in the diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana. Journal of Proteome Research. 13:5510-5523.
5. Bin Xu, Chun-Shan Luo, Jun-Rong Liang*, Dan-Dan Chen, Wen-Hao Zhuo, Ya-Hui Gao, Chang-Ping Chen, Si-Si Song. 2014. Cellular metabolic responses of the marine diatom Pseudo-nitzschia multiseries associated with cell wall formation. Marine Genomics, 2014.16:29-38.
6. Junrong Liang*, Xinxin Ai, Yahui Gao, Changping Chen. 2013. MALDI-TOF MS analysis of the extracellular polysaccharides released by the diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana. Journal of Applied Phycology, 25(2): 477-484.