Lihua JIN, Ph.D.
1994-1998, B.Sc. in Biology, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, China;
2000-2005, Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xiamen University.
2004-2005, Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Research Assistant;
2006-2008, Research Center of Biomedical Engineering, Medical College, Xiamen University, Assistant Professor;
2008-2010, Center for Pharmacogenetics, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Postdoc;
2008-2011, School of Life Science, Xiamen University, Assistant Professor;
2011-present, School of Life Science, Xiamen University, Associate Professor.
The nuclear receptors are important drug targets due to their regulation functions in physiological and also pathological processes. We are working on screening new drugs targeting nuclear receptors, and the structure–activity relationship (SAR) analysis of nuclear receptors, the physiological and pathological effects of drugs, and the molecular mechanism of the effects regulated by new drugs, using research tools of pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry and structural biology, to provide scientific basis and guidance for developing novel drugs.
1. Jin L, Feng X, Pan Z, Inaba Y, Qiu L, Zheng W, Lin S, Wang R, Rong H, Wang Z, Li S, Xie W, and Li Y*. The antiparasitic drug ivermectin is a novel FXR ligand that regulates metabolism. 2013, Nature Communications, Jun 3;4:1937.
2. Zheng W, Feng X,Qiu L, Pan Z, Wang R, Lin S, Hou L, Jin L*, and Li Y*. Identification of the antibiotic ionomycin as an unexpected peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) ligand with a unique binding mode and effective glucose-lowering activity in a mouse model of diabetes. Diabetologia. 2013 Feb; 56(2):401-11.
3. Jin L, Lin S, Rong H, Zheng S, Jin S, Wang R, Li Y*. Structural basis for Iloprost as a dual peroxisome proliferator-acrivated receptor α/δ agonist. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2011 Sep 9; 286(36):31473-9.
4. Jin L, Li Y. Structural and functional insights into nuclear receptor signaling. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 2010 Aug 17, 62: 1218–1226.
5. Jin L, Martynowski D, Zheng S, Wada T, Xie W, and Li Y*. Structural basis for hydroxycholesterols as natural ligands of orphan nuclear receptor RORγ. Molecular Endocrinology. 2010 May;24(5):923-9. Epub 2010 Mar 4.
6. Yang B, Jiang J*, Du H, Geng G, Jiang Z, Yao C, Zhang Q, Jin L*. The decreased MAO activity and MAO-A expression as diagnostic indicators of human esophageal cancers. Biomarkers, 2009 Dec; 14(8): 624–629.
7. Jin LH, Yang BY, Zhang L, Lin PL, Cui C, Tang J*. Patterning of HeLa Cells on a Microfabricated Au-Coated ITO Substrate. Langmuir. 2009 May, 25(9), 5380–5383.
8. Luo W, Zou H, Jin L, Lin S, Li Q, Ye Z, Rui H, Lin SC. Axin contains three separable domains that confer intramolecular, homodimeric, and heterodimeric interactions involved in distinct functions. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2005, 280(6): 5054-5060.
9. Jin L, Shao QJ, Luo W, Ye ZY, Li Q, Lin SC. Detection of point mutations of the Axin1 gene in colorectal cancers. International Journal of Cancer, 2003, 107(5): 696-9.
10. Luo W, Ng WW, Jin L, Ye Z, Han J, Lin SC. Axin utilizes distinct regions for competitive MEKK1 and MEKK4 binding and JNK activation. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2003, 278(39):37451-8.