Bo LIU, Ph.D.
BSc, Biological Sciences, Xiamen University (2004)
MSc, Cell Biology, Xiamen University (2008)
Ph. D., Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida, USA. (2012)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, HHMI, USA. (2013-2016)
Postdoctoral Fellow, UT Southwestern Medical Center, HHMI, USA. (2016-2018)
Professor, Xiamen University (2018-present)
The highly conserved Hippo signaling pathway plays pivotal roles in organ size control, tumorigenesis, stem cell differentiation, tissue regeneration and innate immunity. Using the genetically tractable Drosophila (fruit fly) as a model organism, our research will focus on how Hippo signaling pathway is involved in animal development and innate immunity. Meanwhile, by coupling Drosophila genetic screens with cell biology and comparative genomics, we will identify conserved factors that engage in organ size control and innate immunity.
1. Zheng Y#, Liu B#, Wang L, Lei H, Pulgar Prieto KD, Pan D. Homeostatic Control of Hpo/MST Kinase Activity through Autophosphorylation-Dependent Recruitment of the STRIPAK PP2A Phosphatase Complex. Cell Reports. 2017, 21(12): 3612-3623. (#co-first authors)
2. Liu B, Zheng Y, Yin F, Yu J, Silverman N, Pan D. Toll receptor-mediated Hippo signaling controls innate immunity in Drosophila. Cell. 2016, 164(3): 406-419.
3. Zheng Y, Wang W, Liu B, Deng H, Uster E, Pan D. Identification of Happyhour/MAP4K as Alternative Hpo/Mst-like Kinases in the Hippo Kinase Cascade. Developmental Cell. 2015, 34(6): 642-55.
4. Liu B, Behura SK, Clem RJ, Schneemann A, Becnel J, Severson DW, Zhou L. P53-mediated rapid induction of apoptosis conveys resistance to viral infection in Drosophila melanogaster.Plos Pathogens. 2013, 9(2): e1003137.
5. Chen HZ, Liu QF, Li L, Wang WJ, Yao LM, Yang M, Liu B, Chen W, Zhan YY, Zhang MQ, Cai JC, Zheng ZH, Lin SC, Li BA, Wu Q. The orphan receptor TR3 suppresses intestinal tumorigenesis in mice by downregulating Wnt signalling. Gut. 2012, 61(5): 714-24.
6. Bo Liu, James Becnel, Yanping Zhang, Lei Zhou. Induction of reaper Ortholog mx in Mosquito Midgut Cells Following Baculovirus Infection. Cell Death Differentiation. 2011, 18(8): 1337-45.
7. Lin N, Li X, Cui K, Chepelev I, Tie F, Liu B, Li G, Harte P, Zhao K, Huang S, Zhou L. A barrier-only boundary element delimits the formation of facultative heterochromatin in Drosophila melanogaster and vertebrates. Mol Cell Biol. 2011, 31(13): 2729-41.
8. Can Zhang, Bo Liu, Guangyao Li, Lei Zhou. Extra sex combs, chromatin, and cancer: Exploring epigenetic regulation and tumorigenesis in Drosophila. Journal of Genetics and Genomics. 2011, 38(10): 453-60.
9. Wen-xiu Zhao, Min Tian, Bi-xing Zhao, Gui-deng Li, Bo Liu, Yan-yan Zhan, Hang-zi Chen, Qiao Wu. Orphan receptor TR3 attenuates the p300-induced acetylation of retinoid X receptor. Molecular Endocrinology. 2007, 21(12): 2877-89.
10. Bo Liu, Jia-fa Wu, Yan-yan Zhan, Hang-zi Chen, Xiao-yan Zhang and Qiao Wu. Regulation of the Orphan Receptor TR3 Nuclear Functions by c-Jun N Terminal Kinase Phosphorylation. Endocrinology. 2007, 148(1): 34-44.
11. Zhao BX, Chen HZ, Lei NZ, Li GD, Zhao WX, Zhan YY, Liu B, Lin SC, Wu Q. p53 mediates the negative regulation of MDM2 by orphan receptor TR3. EMBO J. 2006, 25(24): 5703-15.